By Jane Curran
Prawn tacos are a good source of protein and omega 3 fatty acids, as well as zinc, iron and vitamin E and we think our prawn tacos with salsa are a refreshing dinner option with a Mexican twist. These Prawn tacos are a great way to impress on date night or just show off your cooking flare mid week.
If you enjoyed cooking this light and refreshing prawn taco why not our crab and avocados tacos or our steak fajitas to expand your knowledge of Mexican cuisine. Step away from the store bought fajita packs, with our recipes you can make something more delicious at home in the same amount of time.
HOW TO MAKE PRAWN TACOS WITH CHILLI AND SALSA
- Mix together the diced tomatoes, finely chopped onion, lime juice and chopped fresh coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Season the prawns with a pinch of salt and place in the frying pan and cook until pink. Add the chipotle paste into the pan and stir well until the prawns are nicely coated.
- To assemble, split the baby gem into individual leaves. Place two baby gem leaves into each taco shell. Add some of the salsa that was prepared before and the chipotle covered prawns. Add a squeeze of lime juice and a scattering of coriander to give it a fresh and zesty finish.
- 4 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- juice of 3 limes
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g large raw prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1tbsp chipotle paste
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- 12 crunchy taco shells
- extra lime wedges, to serve
- salt and pepper
Derek Chauvin found guilty for the murder of George Floyd
The jury has officially come to a unanimous decision for Derek Chauvin's trial over the murder of George Floyd
By Rylee Johnston •
No mask, no problem at the Oscars: Academy Award guests will not be required to wear face coverings on camera
Here are the rules
By Danielle Valente •
You'll never guess how Kate Winslet's daughter has hidden her connection to her mother
Kate Winslet's daughter has decided to take up acting but used this one clever way to hide their connection
By Rylee Johnston •