Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Thank you for signing up to . You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.
Prawn tacos are a good source of protein and omega 3 fatty acids, as well as zinc, iron and vitamin E and we think our prawn tacos with salsa are a refreshing dinner option with a Mexican twist. These Prawn tacos are a great way to impress on date night or just show off your cooking flare mid week.
If you enjoyed cooking this light and refreshing prawn taco why not our crab and avocados tacos (opens in new tab) or our steak fajitas to expand your knowledge of Mexican cuisine. Step away from the store bought fajita packs, with our recipes you can make something more delicious at home in the same amount of time.
HOW TO MAKE PRAWN TACOS WITH CHILLI AND SALSA
- Mix together the diced tomatoes, finely chopped onion, lime juice and chopped fresh coriander. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Season the prawns with a pinch of salt and place in the frying pan and cook until pink. Add the chipotle paste into the pan and stir well until the prawns are nicely coated.
- To assemble, split the baby gem into individual leaves. Place two baby gem leaves into each taco shell. Add some of the salsa that was prepared before and the chipotle covered prawns. Add a squeeze of lime juice and a scattering of coriander to give it a fresh and zesty finish.
- 4 tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- juice of 3 limes
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 400g large raw prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1tbsp chipotle paste
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- 12 crunchy taco shells
- extra lime wedges, to serve
- salt and pepper
Jane Curran is a freelance food editor, stylist, writer and consultant based in Cape Town. Former food director of TI Media & woman&home. All about food, wine (dipWSET), gardening and the Arsenal.
Prawn and Chorizo Jambalaya
The ideal comfort food, a jambalaya bursting with rich flavour and summer colors.
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Homemade brioche buns with lemon mayo prawns
Learn how to make soft buttery brioche buns at home
By Jessica Ransom • Published
BOSH! Vegan healthy roast dinner
By Grace Walsh • Published
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe • Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer • Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe • Published
The Queen's 'boring' Christmas dinner favorite revealed by royal chef
The Queen kept things basic when it came to Christmas dinners at Sandringham
By Caitlin Elliott • Last updated
King Charles' boozy pre-dinner ritual that 'just makes sense'
King Charles reportedly drinks the same cocktail before dinner every night - but he must enjoy it from the same exact glass
By Anna Rahmanan • Last updated
Princess Margaret’s go-to dinner party game and hatred for squirrels couldn’t be more *her*
Princess Margaret’s go-to dinner party game is very unique and her fellow guests would never have known it was happening…
By Emma Shacklock • Published