Using prawns, that are full of healthy protein and will help you feel full for longer, and sweet papayas – a tropical fruit that’s packed with vitamins and enzymes that helps you to digest protein, this salad is full of savoury and sweet flavours.
With radishes, gem lettuce and shallots, you’re also getting plenty of veggies with this recipe. Plus, the combination of chilli, lime juice and runny honey make a wonderful dressing when mixed with fish sauce and rice wine vinegar.
- For the dressing
- 1 large shallot, peeled and sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 4tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2tbsp mirin rice wine
- 2tsp thai fish sauce
- 2tsp runny honey
- For the salad:
- 350g raw prawns (or you can use cooked to save time)
- 1tbsp oil
- 2 papayas, peeled and sliced
- 150g radishes, finely sliced
- 3 baby gem lettuce hearts, cut into quarters
- large handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- large handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
Mix all the dressing ingredients together until combined and set aside.
Heat a griddle, frying pan or barbecue over a medium-high heat. Toss the prawns in the oil and cook until pink throughout. (At this stage, you could leave the prawns in the dressing until you’re ready to assemble the salad.)
In a large bowl, mix the papaya slices, radishes, lettuce and herbs, toss in the prawns and drizzle over the dressing.