- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Brown the beef on all sides, season and set aside to cool. Lay out a large piece of clingfilm on a big shopping board, arrange the Parma ham slices on top, around 2 slices by 5 slices, or enough to fully wrap the beef, overlapping them slightly. Place the beef on top at one end. Use the clingfilm to help roll up the beef, lifting it carefully and rolling it up. When rolled, twist the ends to tighten the roll, then set aside in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 200C, 200C fan, 425F, gas 7. Allow the beef to come to room temperature then place on a roasting tray lined with foil. Cook for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to the pack instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain; set aside. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook for 2 minutes, rinse under cold water then drain and set aside.
- Allow the beef to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly. For the salad, mix the orzo with the beans, red peppers, basil, pine nuts, olive oil and lemon juice, season and set aside.
- When ready to serve, scatter the rocket on a serving plate and arrange the beef slices on top, sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- 1tbsp light olive oil
- 2kg (4 1/2lb) beef topside
- 2 x 80g packs Parma ham slices
- 500g (1lb 2oz) orzo pasta
- 400g (14oz) fine beans, trimmed and halved
- small bunch basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3tbsp toatsed pine nuts
- 2 1/2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2tbsp lemon juice, plus extra lemon wedges, to serve
- 50g (2oz) rocket
- 50g (2oz) Parmesan shavings
This 70s-inspired hairstyle is set to make a huge comeback in 2021
Will you be giving this one a go? It's certainly got our attention...
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom share divisive spot selfie
Katy Perry and Orlando Bloom's spot selfie is dividing opinion, with fans asking what's on their faces. Here's the low down...
By Fiona Embleton •
Gillian Anderson thought that playing Margaret Thatcher in The Crown would be a “huge stretch but fun”
The star debuted as the former Prime Minister in Season 4
By Emma Shacklock •