- Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Brown the beef on all sides, season and set aside to cool. Lay out a large piece of clingfilm on a big shopping board, arrange the Parma ham slices on top, around 2 slices by 5 slices, or enough to fully wrap the beef, overlapping them slightly. Place the beef on top at one end. Use the clingfilm to help roll up the beef, lifting it carefully and rolling it up. When rolled, twist the ends to tighten the roll, then set aside in the fridge for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 200C, 200C fan, 425F, gas 7. Allow the beef to come to room temperature then place on a roasting tray lined with foil. Cook for 25 to 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to the pack instructions. Rinse under cold water and drain; set aside. Bring a pan of water to the boil and cook for 2 minutes, rinse under cold water then drain and set aside.
- Allow the beef to rest for 10 minutes before slicing thinly. For the salad, mix the orzo with the beans, red peppers, basil, pine nuts, olive oil and lemon juice, season and set aside.
- When ready to serve, scatter the rocket on a serving plate and arrange the beef slices on top, sprinkle over the Parmesan.
- 1tbsp light olive oil
- 2kg (4 1/2lb) beef topside
- 2 x 80g packs Parma ham slices
- 500g (1lb 2oz) orzo pasta
- 400g (14oz) fine beans, trimmed and halved
- small bunch basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3tbsp toatsed pine nuts
- 2 1/2tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/2tbsp lemon juice, plus extra lemon wedges, to serve
- 50g (2oz) rocket
- 50g (2oz) Parmesan shavings
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
The Queen's heartbreaking joke to national treasure Sir David Attenborough
The Queen's heartbreaking joke to national treasure Sir David Attenborough shows despite gloomy topics—she's always got a sense of humor
By Aoife Hanna • Published
11 inspirational poetry quotes that will get you thinking
These inspirational poetry quotes from the likes of William Shakespeare, Emily Dickinson, and Maya Angelou pack a powerful punch
By Arielle Tchiprout • Published
The strange reason this expert wants you to continue wearing masks
Masks can help save you from infection and disease, but can wearing a face mask also help you get a date? This study suggests so...
By Laura Harman • Published