serves:6 as a main or 8 - 10 as a side
- 250g (9oz) each green beans, frozen peas and frozen soya beans
- 200g (7oz) radishes, sliced
- 100g (4oz) pomegranate seeds
- 300g (10oz) soft, fresh non-rinded goats' cheese
- 3tbsp each chopped mint and parsley
- for the dressing
- 2tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2tsp caster sugar
- 6tbsp olive oil
Place the green beans in a pan of boiling water and simmer for 3 minutes, then add the peas and soya beans, and cook for 2 more minutes, before draining and running under cold water until cool. Pat dry, then mix with the radishes, pomegranate, chunks of cheese and herbs.
Whisk together the Dijon and balsamic until you have an emulsion, stir through the sugar, gradually whisk in the oil until thick, and season. Dress the salad at the last minute before serving. If serving at a buffet, leave the dressing on the side.