Who doesn’t love a good pavlova dessert? The contrast of crunchy meringue, smooth whipped cream and sweet fruit is always a winner when it comes to dinner parties. This pavlova recipe is great if you want to serve up something extra special to your guests as each person will get their own mini pavlova to taste.
Pomegranate and mango are really summery flavours and add the perfect sweetness to this dessert recipe. What’s more, it’s an easy pavlova recipe that really doesn’t take too long to whip up.
HOW TO MAKE MINI PAVLOVAS WITH POMEGRANATE AND MANGO
- 3 large free-range egg whites
- 165g (5½oz) white caster sugar
- 200ml (7fl oz) whipping or double cream
- icing sugar, to taste
- ¼tsp vanilla bean paste, or the seeds from 1 vanilla pod
- 1 large ripe mango, cut into small chunks
- 100g (4oz) pomegranate seeds
- Heat the oven to 150 C, 130 C fan, 300 F, gas 2. Put the egg white into a large bowl and beat until it forms stiff peaks. Add the sugar, a little at a time, whisking after each addition until the mixture is stiff and glossy.
- With a little mixture, stick baking parchment on to a baking sheet. Dollop the meringue into 4 circles. Put the tray on the bottom shelf of the oven, turn down the heat to 130 C, 110 C fan, 250 F, gas ½ and bake for 40 minutes.
- Turn off the oven; let the meringues cool inside for a few hours. Whip the cream with the icing sugar and vanilla until it forms soft peaks. Dollop cream on to each meringue then top with fruit. Serve immediately.
Fabulously fresh, these cod bruschetta will take you straight to the Italian Riviera!
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts with Chorizo and Chickpeas
By Rebecca Smith •
Low alcohol wines so you can enjoy a glass or two without a fuzzy head in the morning
By Woman and Home •
Jennifer Garner has one concern about the 'Bennifer' reunion
Jennifer Garner shared her worries over the pace of Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez's relationship
By Rylee Johnston •
Will Britney Spears ever perform again? Her latest Instagram Q&A gives fans some insight
'I'm in a transition in my life,' the pop star reveals
By Danielle Valente •
Starbucks is out of hazelnut syrup and a few other favorites
Starbucks is undergoing a temporary supply shortage on over two dozen popular ingredients
By Rylee Johnston •