Whether it’s a Christmas recipe you’ll go back to again and again or something sweet to treat your guests too after a dinner party, this classic Florentine recipe will soon become a firm favourite in your household.
The Italian biscuits are made with almonds, glacé cherries, candied peel, chocolate and honey for a sweet and crunchy textured biscuits that go brilliantly with a cup of tea after dinner or just as a treat in the afternoon.
This recipe is really simple and easy to whip up and makes 16 biscuits, so it’s a great one to try if you’re looking for a sweet treat in a hurry.
HOW TO MAKE MINI FLORENTINES
- 25g butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 1tbsp honey
- 25g sifted plain flour
- ½tsp ground ginger
- 2tbsp double cream
- 75g candied peel
- 75g glacé cherries
- 75g blanched almonds
- 85g white chocolate, melted
- 85g dark chocolate, melted
you will need
- 2 baking sheets lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. In a small heavy based saucepan gently heat the butter, sugar and honey until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the flour, ginger, cream, candied peel and glace cherries until well combined.
- Spoon teaspoons of the mixture onto the prepared trays, spaced well apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown, allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using the different melted chocolates, spread a little of each on the flat side of the Florentines, create the zigzag pattern with a fork then set aside to firm up. They’ll keep for 4 days in a sealed container.
Woman&Home's Vanity Edit: New makeup, skincare, and beauty products we love this week
We underscore the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from whimsical collections to astrology-inspired eyeshadow. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
International Women’s Day: shop with a cause with these brands’ charitable initiatives
To honor this global holiday, we've created a curation that reframes shopping as an effective vehicle for systemic change
By Dominique McIntee •
The EXACT Mood lighting you need to maximize your chances of getting laid
How you can easily increase your likelihood of having sex, according to a study...
By Selina Maycock •