This lovely spring dessert recipe is full of sweet and sharp flavours and makes for the perfect dinner party dessert.
HOW TO MAKE MERINGUE ROULADE WITH ORANGE AND PASSION FRUIT
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 large free-range egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 2tbsp Grand Marnier
- 5tbsp orange curd, or passion fruit curd
- 4 passion fruit
- icing sugar, to dust
You will need:
- 31cm x 21cm Swiss roll tin, lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, gas 6. Mix the cornflour and vinegar in a separate bowl until combined, then set aside. Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff, then gradually beat in the sugar, ½ tbsp at time, until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Lightly whisk the vinegar mixture into the meringue mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 5 minutes then lower the temperature to 170C, 150C fan, gas 3 and bake for a further 20 minutes, until the top is slightly golden and crisp. Meanwhile, lay a large piece of greaseproof paper flat on the worktop and sprinkle lightly with icing sugar. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn the meringue out onto the paper. Peel off the baking parchment and leave to cool completely.
- To make the filling, whip the double cream with the Grand Marnier until just stiff.
- Spread the cream over the surface of the meringue then drizzle over the curd and the passion fruit. Roll up the roulade from one of the shorter sides to the other, using the greaseproof paper to help you. Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, dust with icing sugar.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •