This lovely spring dessert recipe is full of sweet and sharp flavours and makes for the perfect dinner party dessert.
HOW TO MAKE MERINGUE ROULADE WITH ORANGE AND PASSION FRUIT
- 1tsp cornflour
- 1tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 large free-range egg whites
- 250g caster sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 2tbsp Grand Marnier
- 5tbsp orange curd, or passion fruit curd
- 4 passion fruit
- icing sugar, to dust
You will need:
- 31cm x 21cm Swiss roll tin, lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, gas 6. Mix the cornflour and vinegar in a separate bowl until combined, then set aside. Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff, then gradually beat in the sugar, ½ tbsp at time, until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Lightly whisk the vinegar mixture into the meringue mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 5 minutes then lower the temperature to 170C, 150C fan, gas 3 and bake for a further 20 minutes, until the top is slightly golden and crisp. Meanwhile, lay a large piece of greaseproof paper flat on the worktop and sprinkle lightly with icing sugar. Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes then turn the meringue out onto the paper. Peel off the baking parchment and leave to cool completely.
- To make the filling, whip the double cream with the Grand Marnier until just stiff.
- Spread the cream over the surface of the meringue then drizzle over the curd and the passion fruit. Roll up the roulade from one of the shorter sides to the other, using the greaseproof paper to help you. Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, dust with icing sugar.
When did Marathons become Snickers? The big question posed in Unforgotten
Unforgotten fans were all left asking one bizarre question after last nights episode: When did Marathons become Snickers?
By Laura Harman •
Behind Her Eyes locations revealed - this is where they filmed Netflix’s hit thriller
Have you ever visited any of them?
By Emma Shacklock •
The Queen's likely candidates for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal patronages have been revealed
The Queen has reportedly already selected the candidates to take over Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's royal patronages
By Emma Dooney •