For a lamb recipe that’s bursting with flavour that’s zingy and surprisingly light, give this lamb salad a go for a lovely barbecue option this summer.
With plenty of spice, creamy feta and filling giant couscous, there is a whole host of textures in this dish that make it a really exciting main option.
Whether you’re feeding a crowd or just want a simple summer dinner, this dish is the perfect lamb option to try.
HOW TO MAKE MARINATED LAMB SKEWERS WITH GIANT COUSCOUS SALAD
- Place the diced lamb, lemon zest, garlic, olive oil and cumin in a freezer bag or non-metallic bowl and shake or stir to combine. Marinate for at least half an hour, but preferably overnight.
- Place the couscous in a pan of boiling water and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until tender. Drain and mix with the olive oil. Heat the grill to high, season the lamb and divide between 4 metal skewers. Grill for 5 to 6 minutes, until the meat is slightly charred on the outside.
- Meanwhile, mix the watermelon, red onion, feta and cucumber into the couscous, and – just before serving – add the mint, lemon juice and some seasoning. Serve the skewers with the salad for everyone to dig into.
- 800g (1lb 12oz) diced lamb leg or neck fillet
- zest 2 lemons, cut into long strips
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp ground cumin
- 200g (7oz) giant couscous
- 2tbsp olive oil
- ¼ watermelon, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- ½ red onion, peeled and very finely sliced
- 250g (9oz) feta cheese, cut into chunks
- ½ cucumber, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- large bunch mint, leaves picked and roughly chopped
- juice 1 lemon
This popular flea collar has been linked to thousands of dog deaths
A collar that protects pets from fleas and ticks has been blamed for killing thousands of dogs
By Emma Dooney •
The Dermstore Beauty Refresh Sale has arrived: here are the best deals to shop
Score limited-time deals with the promo code GLOWUP applied at checkout
By Dominique McIntee •
'Bachelor' host Chris Harrison says he regrets defending Rachael Kirkconnell's racism
Presenter of the Bachelor, Chris Harrison, states that he regrets defending Rachel Kirkconnell’s past racist actions
By Laura Harman •