This salmon recipe is full of flavour thanks to its use of fresh herbs and spices. A healthy hit of salmon and plenty of greens means it’s packed full of essential nutrients and vitamins too.
It’s super quick to make and would serve equally well as a midweek dinner as it would a fancy looking dinner party dish.
HOW TO MAKE MALAYSIAN SALMON WITH STICKY RICE AND ASIAN GREENS
For the rice:
- 250g Thai sticky rice, washed
For the salmon:
- ½tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 3tbsp ketjap manis
For the greens:
- ½tbsp sunflower oil
- 200g mangetout
- 200g baby or spring greens, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- For the rice: Bring it to the boil along with 450ml water, cook for 15 minutes then reduce to a simmer. Gently cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and mix to fluff up the grains.
- For the salmon: Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat and fry the salmon skin side down for 2-3 minutes or until crisp. Mix the garlic with the chilli then add to the pan, turn over the salmon and add 1tbsp water, cook for 2 minutes then remove the salmon. Add the ketjap manis, turn up the heat and bubble for 1 minute. Pour over the salmon fillets.
- For the greens: Heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat, add the mange tout, then after 1 minute add the spring greens, garlic and spring onions. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Top Tip for making Malaysian Salmon with Sticky Rice and Asian Greens
Ketjap Manis is a thick Indonesian soy sauce that’s sweeter than Japanese varieties - ideal for glazes, dips and marinades and available at Marks & Spencer
Has lockdown changed your relationship with alcohol? Study finds 10 different 'drinking personalities’
The common pandemic drinking personality types revealed
By Emma Shacklock •
This is what Dr. Hilary wants you to remember if you want to live to 100
Dr. Hilary has revealed a golden rule to follow if you want to live to 100
By Emma Dooney •
Princess Diana's shocking insight into Prince Harry's life revealed
‘Harry’s full of energy but he flips from one thing to another and then loses interest'.
By Robyn Morris •