Nutrition per portion
- 500g (1lb 2oz) Charlotte potatoes
- 50ml (2fl oz) extra virgin olive oil
- 25ml (1fl oz) red wine vinegar
- ½tbsp wholegrain mustard
- zest and juice ½ lemon
- 250g (9oz) peppered smoked mackerel, skin removed and flaked
- 2tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 50g (2oz) wild rocket leaves
- 2tbsp dill, finely chopped
Boil the potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Drain, halve and season well.
Mix the oil, vinegar, mustard and lemon juice together. Fold through the mackerel, capers and rocket. To serve, scatter with the dill and lemon zest.
Top Tip for making Mackerel, Rocket and Potato Salad
This salad is a great basic recipe. Make it super-simple by using leftover potatoes to cut down on the cooking time.