By Jane Curran
Lemon roasted chicken with herbs gives a classic roast chicken an extra bit of flavour. This easy recipe gives you a tasty roasted chicken with succulent meat and a crispy skin. The preserved lemons and herbs cooked within the chicken give the meat so much flavour. Lemon roasted chicken is the perfect recipe to feed the family, especially as the centrepeice of a roast dinner. If there are fewer of you, the leftover meat is delicious in sandwiches and salads. For more ideas with roast chicken, have a look at our chicken recipe guide.
We’ve served our lemon roasted chicken with a seasonal bean salad, with a mix of green beans, runner beans and broad beans, and tied them all together with a punchy mustard vinaigrette. This side dish is so easy to throw together, but makes the perfect accompaniment to our summery roast chicken.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON ROASTED CHICKEN WITH HERBS
- 1 large free-range chicken, about 2.5kg
- small bunch lemon thyme and rosemary
- 4 preserved lemons, halved
- a little oil
- 4tsp dried chervil
for the salad
- 150g runner beans
- 250g broad beans
- 150g green beans
- 3tbsp mustard vinaigrette
- Put the chicken into a roasting tin. Put the thyme and rosemary into the cavity with the lemons. Heat the oven to 180C. Rub the oil into the skin and roast for 1 hour 30 mins or until cooked through and the juices of the thickest part of the thigh run clear. Leave to rest and sprinkle over the chervil. Skim any fat off the pan juices and reheat to serve.
- Blanch the beans then refresh under cold running water. Mix all the salad ingredients together to serve, with some new potatoes on the side. Carve the chicken or cut into joints.
Fabulously fresh, these cod bruschetta will take you straight to the Italian Riviera!
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Oven-Baked Chicken Breasts with Chorizo and Chickpeas
By Rebecca Smith •
Low alcohol wines so you can enjoy a glass or two without a fuzzy head in the morning
By Woman and Home •
Harness the spiritual energy of summer solstice 2021 with this manifestation technique
The summer solstice 2021 is almost upon us, so how can we make the most of the longest day of the year?
By Emma Shacklock •
Oprah Winfrey reveals the surprising reason she can’t be Lilibet’s godmother
Oprah was the original front runner to be Lilibet's godmother, but it looks like the legendary talk show host wants Harry and Meghan to remove her as a candidate
By Emma Dooney •
Prince William can ‘no longer hide’ his anger at Meghan Markle for disrespecting the Queen
Prince William was reportedly ‘angry’ about Meghan Markle’s behavior for over a year
By Emma Shacklock •