- 150-200g (5-7oz) Madeira cake, cut into 1cm (½in) slices
- 50ml (2fl oz) Limoncello
- 300ml (½pt) double cream
- 150g (5oz) icing sugar, sieved
- zest and juice 2 lemons
- ½ x 312g jar lemon curd
- 25g (1oz) meringue nests (about 2), broken into pieces
- fresh raspberries, to serve
- you will need
- 1-litre (1¾pt) loaf tin, double-lined with clingfilm
Soak the Madeira cake slices in the Limoncello and pack securely into the bottom of the loaf tin. Whip the cream, icing sugar and lemon zest and juice until thick. Layer the cream, lemon curd and meringue pieces up on top of the Madeira cake, finishing with a layer of cream. Swirl the curd through with a skewer. Freeze overnight, then remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
Turn the terrine out on to a serving plate, peel off the clingfilm and run a hot palette knife round the edges to remove clingfilm marks. Top with raspberries and serve.
Top Tip for making Iced Lemon Terrine
You could also make this dessert in individual moulds or ramekins - just cut the Madeira cake slices into rings to fit the bottoms.