By Jane Curran
Our healthy meatballs with Asian noodle broth is a fresh and flavourful dish that is low in fat but so comforting. Using turkey mince to make these healthy meatballs reduces the fat content whilst still providing plenty of protein. The fragrant, Asian inspired broth is warming and comforting, without being heavy, and the chilli adds a nice spicy kick. We’ve served egg noodles with our healthy meatballs, but you could use rice noodles or udon noodles if you prefer. This Asian inspired supper is ready in under 45 minutes but gives such impressive results.
HOW TO MAKE HEALTHY MEATBALLS WITH ASIAN NOODLE BROTH
For the meatballs:
- 500g turkey mince
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- 6cm piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
For the broth:
- 1 litre strong chicken stock
- 2 stalks lemongrass, outer layer removed and finely chopped
- 4 lime leaves
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- a little oil, for frying
- 200g medium egg noodles
- 100g asparagus
- 100g mangetout
- For the meatballs, mix the mince, spring onions, half the coriander, ginger and chilli, and the egg. Season well, then form into 12 golf ball-sized meatballs. Leave them in the fridge while you prepare the broth.
- Bring the stock to the boil in a large pan. Add the remaining ginger and chilli, as well as the lemongrass, lime leaves and soy. Turn the heat down to a simmer so the flavours can infuse. Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and brown the meatballs all over. Pop them into the broth to cook through, along with the remaining coriander, green veg, and noodles for about 10 mins then serve.
BBC’s Three Families shows the devastating reality of criminalising abortion in Northern Ireland
New series, BBC’s Three Families shows the heartbreaking reality of the criminalisation of abortion in Northern Ireland.
By Laura Harman •
Tom Cruise gives back all three of his Golden Globes trophies amid HFPA controversy
Tom Cruise is the latest Hollywood star to respond in light of the HFPA controversy
By Emma Shacklock •
Jo Malone London is bringing back one of its much-loved colognes
A fan-favorite Jo Malone London Cologne Intense is officially coming back
By Lucy Abbersteen •