By Jane Curran
Harissa salmon is an impressive centrepiece for any dinner party. Cooking a whole side of salmon is an easy way to cater for a large group but still make something with a bit of wow factor. If you’re cooking for a smaller number, the leftover salmon is delicious in salads or sandwiches. Harissa paste adds a kick of spice which elevates this side of salmon to something really special! Harissa is a North African chilli pepper paste that is perfect for marinating meats and fish, or adding a touch of spice and depth of flavour to tomato based stews. Why not try our Harissa Chicken or Freekeh with Harissa Roasted Vegetables. We served this harissa salmon with a wheatberry salad with fresh parsley, pomegranate seeds, and a lemon vinaigrette, but it would also work well with a simple green salad and some new potatoes. Whether it’s for a dinner party main, Sunday lunch, or summer buffet, this delicious harissa roast salmon is just the thing to make when you want to impress without any stress.
HOW TO MAKE HARISSA ROAST SALMON
- Lay out the salmon in a dish and remove any pin bones. Mix together the harissa, lemon zest and juice, and pour over the salmon. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for about an hour.
- To cook, heat the oven to 220C and bake the salmon, basting it once or twice, for about 30 mins or until cooked through. Scatter over the spring onions and mini cress. Serve with a grain salad. We mixed together a pouch of wheatberries with quinoa and soya with flat-leaf parsley, pomegranate seeds and the juice of 1 lemon with 4tbsp olive oil.
- 1 fillet of salmon, about 750g
- 3tbsp harissa paste
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- a small bunch of mini cress (optional)
Sarah Jessica Parker and JLo's favorite reusable face mask has sold out 14 times
Even better? You can currently snap up more than 20% off the usual price tag
By Lucy Abbersteen •
A look at Highgrove House, Prince of Charles and Duchess Camilla's stunning Cotswolds retreat
Everything you need to know about Highgrove House, the home of Charles and Camilla
By Laura Harman •
Is This Is Us ending with Season 6? Everything we know so far
Everything we know about the This Is Us Season 6 release date, news, spoilers and more
By Lucy Abbersteen •