By Jane Curran
Harissa salmon is an impressive centrepiece for any dinner party. Cooking a whole side of salmon is an easy way to cater for a large group but still make something with a bit of wow factor. If you’re cooking for a smaller number, the leftover salmon is delicious in salads or sandwiches. Harissa paste adds a kick of spice which elevates this side of salmon to something really special! Harissa is a North African chilli pepper paste that is perfect for marinating meats and fish, or adding a touch of spice and depth of flavour to tomato based stews. Why not try our Harissa Chicken or Freekeh with Harissa Roasted Vegetables. We served this harissa salmon with a wheatberry salad with fresh parsley, pomegranate seeds, and a lemon vinaigrette, but it would also work well with a simple green salad and some new potatoes. Whether it’s for a dinner party main, Sunday lunch, or summer buffet, this delicious harissa roast salmon is just the thing to make when you want to impress without any stress.
HOW TO MAKE HARISSA ROAST SALMON
- 1 fillet of salmon, about 750g
- 3tbsp harissa paste
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 spring onions, sliced
- a small bunch of mini cress (optional)
- Lay out the salmon in a dish and remove any pin bones. Mix together the harissa, lemon zest and juice, and pour over the salmon. Cover and leave in the fridge to marinate for about an hour.
- To cook, heat the oven to 220C and bake the salmon, basting it once or twice, for about 30 mins or until cooked through. Scatter over the spring onions and mini cress. Serve with a grain salad. We mixed together a pouch of wheatberries with quinoa and soya with flat-leaf parsley, pomegranate seeds and the juice of 1 lemon with 4tbsp olive oil.
Princess Anne’s rare royal title that might be passed on to great-niece Princess Charlotte
Princess Anne is one of only seven British royal women to be honored in this way
By Emma Shacklock •
Debbie Harry pays homage to the horror film Psycho with incredible floor-length red dress
The lead singer of Blondie, Debbie Harry, looked fabulous as she stepped out at the Tribeca Film festival
By Laura Harman •
This unearthed video of teenage Meghan Markle shows her sweet relationship with father Thomas before famous fall out
This old footage of teenage Meghan Markle has gone viral
By Caitlin Elliott •