- 250g (9oz) celeriac, peeled and sliced
- 350g (12oz) sweet potato, peeled and very thinly sliced
- 1 onion, peeled, halved and thinly sliced
- 1tsp celery salt
- 300ml (1/2pt) vegetable stock
- 75g (3oz) Red Leicestershire, grated
- You will need
- 1-litre (13/4pt) baking dish, lightly buttered
Preheat the oven to 170 C, 150 C fan, 325 F, gas 3. Place a layer of celeriac at the bottom of a baking dish and season with the celery salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Cover with a layer of sweet potato and scatter with a few sliced onions. Repeat until all the vegetables are used, finishing with a layer of sweet potato and onion.
Scatter the cheese over the top, pour over the stock and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.