By Jane Curran
This glazed pork with plums recipe is simple and delicious, and much cheaper than splashing out on a take away. It's healthier too! Combining the sweetness of honey with sour plum sauce, this alternative take on pork really brings out the meat's flavour. It's a real crowd pleaser that is a perfect midweek meal to fill up the family or for impressing guests at a dinner party.
We love this marinade for other meats too, you could try using it to jazz up some poached chicken or even serve it with steak. The beautiful sweet and sour flavours act as the perfect refreshing flavour to cut through rich meat. The creamy, sweet mashed potatoes in this recipe are a delicious way to boost your veg count too, and act as the perfect texture combination to the tender pork.
HOW TO MAKE GLAZED PORK
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and brown the pork. Put it into a roasting tin lined with oiled foil and pour over half the plum sauce and half the soy sauce. Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Bake for 25 mins or until cooked through.
- Put the plums on a baking tray, drizzle with honey and put in the oven after 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, steam the potatoes, then mash and add the creme fraiche
- Heat the remaining plum and soy sauce with the star anise.
- Slice the pork then serve with the plums and sweet potato, and drizzle over the sauce. Serve with sugar snap peas or green beans.
- a little oil
- 900g pork tenderloin
- 200g plum sauce
- 120ml soy sauce
- 8 plums, halved
- 2tbsp honey
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2tbsp crème fraîche
- 5 star anise
Cheese and bacon hush puppies
Once you’ve tried one, you’ll be back for more!
By Jessica Ransom •
Scallops with samphire and lemon
These delicious scallops with samphire and lemon make an impressive starter
By Elisa Roche •
Homemade brioche buns with lemon mayo prawns
Learn how to make soft buttery brioche buns at home
By Jessica Ransom •
The Bachelorette stars Clare Crawley and Dale Moss have called time on their engagement
Moss proposed on The Bachelorette season 16
By Emma Shacklock •
Which members of the royal family have had coronavirus? And has the Queen had the covid-19 vaccine?
Two senior members of the royal family have had the virus...
By Georgia Farquharson •
I tried Victoria Beckham's Future Lash mascara and this is what I thought
It's finally arrived and Victoria Beckham's Future Lash mascara does not disappoint.
By Fiona Embleton •