For a great couscous recipe that takes no time to throw together but tastes really great, try this giant couscous, courgette and rocket with halloumi dish this week.
This courgette recipe is really healthy as it combines plenty of veg with healthy carbs and will keep you fuller for longer. Plus it’s served with a lovely dressing made from red wine vinegar, Dijon mustard and a pinch of sugar – so you know it’s going to be full of flavour. Elements of this dish can be cooked ahead to so it’s a great one to try if you’re entertaining.
HOW TO MAKE GIANT COUSCOUS, COURGETTE AND ROCKET WITH HALLOUMI
- Heat a frying pan with a large splash of olive oil. Season the courgettes and fry on both sides until crispy. Set aside on kitchen paper.
- Put the couscous into a pan, cover with boiling water, return to the boil; simmer for 6 minutes. Drain; coat in a little oil. Return the frying pan to the heat; when hot, add a little oil; fry the halloumi on both sides until crisp.
- Make the dressing by thoroughly combining the vinegar and mustard with the sugar, then season and gradually add the olive oil.
- Combine the rocket, courgettes, couscous and some dressing. Divide between 4 plates and top with halloumi and a little more dressing.
- Get ahead Cook the couscous and courgettes up to a day in advance and leave in the fridge. Only cook halloumi at the last minute, though.
- 500g (1lb 2oz) courgettes, trimmed and sliced
- 200g (7oz) giant couscous
- 500g (1lb 2oz) halloumi, sliced
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tsp sugar
- 4tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 75g (3oz) wild rocket leaves
Kobe Bryant widow Vanessa publicly criticizes rapper Meek Mill for lacking 'respect' and 'tact' over song lyric
The widow of the late basketball legend has lashed out at the rapper for 'insensitive' lyric referencing her husband
By Selina Maycock •
Silent vibrator sales have rocketed during lockdown
Shh! The sales of quiet sex toys have skyrocketed during lockdown
By Laura Harman •
Cara Delevingne has ditched her signature blonde hair and is now a brunette
Cara Delevingne doesn't look like this anymore....
By Lucy Abbersteen •