By Jane Curran
This super easy risotto recipe will help to use up any green veg you’ve got lurking in the freezer and is a great way to include plenty of veg in your week night tea.
In fact, you’ve probably got most of the rest of the ingredients in your fridge and store cupboard too, so it makes this dish really cost effective.
With butter, oil and dry white wine and a few shallots, this dish turns out really creamy and full of flavour, so it’s a great one to try to fill up the whole family this week.
HOW TO MAKE FREEZER GREENS RISOTTO
- 1tbsp butter
- 1tsp olive oil
- 4 shallots, very finely chopped
- 150g (5oz) risotto rice (we used Arborio)
- 130ml (4.5 fl oz) dry white wine
- around 700ml (1.25pt) vegetable or chicken stock, kept simmering
- 250g (9oz) mixed frozen green vegetables (we used flageolet beans, peas and double-podded broad beans)
- 50g (2oz) Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Heat the butter and oil in a wide pan and add the shallots. Soften for about five minutes over a medium heat, then add the rice. Coat well in the butter and fry for a further minute. Turn up the heat, add the white wine and let it bubble off until it has almost disappeared.
- Add the hot stock a ladleful at a time, stirring constantly and waiting until each ladle has been absorbed before adding another one. Depending on the rice you use, you may need to add slightly more stock.
- When all the stock has been incorporated and the rice is cooked through, add the frozen green vegetables and half the Parmesan, and continue to stir for a couple more minutes. Serve immediately with the rest of the Parmesan sprinkled over.
Le Creuset’s Unbreakable Enamelware Collection is perfect for "oops proof" outdoor dining
Summertime is practically here which means picnics and BBQs galore. To prepare for all our favorite summer foods check out Le Creuset's dishes set on sale now
By Rylee Johnston •
Experts claim Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's daughter will play this important role in the royal family
Do you agree?
By Danielle Valente •
Are Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck rekindling their romance? Here's what we know about the return of "Bennifer"
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have been spotted spending a lot more time together since her split from Alex Rodriguez in April, which has sparked rumors of a potential rekindling
By Rylee Johnston •