Heat the oil in a medium, heavy-based saucepan, add the onion and cook until softened and golden. Add the spices and some salt and pepper, cook for another minute then add the freekeh and mix well.
Pour in the stock, bring to the boil and then allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Take off the heat, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the oil, lemon juice and parsley, season to taste, divide into 2 portions, top each with half the beetroot wedges, goats' cheese and nuts. Drizzle over the pomegranate molasses and serve.
- 1/2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tsp cardamom pods, bruised
- 1 tsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 100g freekeh, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- good squeeze of lemon juice
- large handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 500g pack cooked beetroot, cut into wedged
- 150g soft goats' cheese, thickly sliced
- 75g roasted mixed nuts, chopped
- 1-2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe Published
The real reason King Charles 'never eats lunch' revealed
The King never eats lunch, and the reason why has been revealed by a former royal correspondent
By Robyn Morris Published
Kate Middleton's affordable face oil she loves for glowing skin is the cheapest we've seen it
The face oil Kate Middleton is said to adore for nourishing her glowing complexion is on sale for a limited time...
By Laura Harman Published
Martha Stewart made the most delicious lunch - but fans can't stop laughing about her tiny cheese pile
Martha certainly loaded on that caviar, though
By Madeline Merinuk Published