Easter wouldn’t be the same without plenty of cakes on offer, but if you’re following a gluten free diet, that doesn’t mean that you have to miss out on all the tasty Easter treats.
Try this brilliant Easter recipe for a gluten free Easter cake and you’d never know the difference. It’s a sponge cake filled with apricot and raspberry jam, so it’s light and lovely and sweet. Decorate this bake with flowers for a really special Easter treat.
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN FREE EASTER CAKE
- 250g caster sugar
- 250g butter, softened
- 5 free-range eggs
- 125g gluten-free plain flour
- 65g cornflour
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 heaped tsp gluten-free baking powder
- a few drops vanilla extract
For the filling:
- 4tbsp apricot and raspberry jam
- 100g icing sugar
- A few primulas
You will need:
- 2 x 20cm sponge tins, oiled and lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, gas 4. Measure all the cake ingredients in to a large mixing bowl and beat well together with a wooden spoon until smooth.
- Divide the mixture equally between the two tins and bake for 20 to 25 mins until golden and firm to touch.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 15 mins before turning out onto a cooling rack.
- Sandwich the cakes with the jam.
- To make the icing, mix the icing sugar with a teaspoon of water to give a very thick pouring consistency and drizzle over the cake. Decorate with the flowers just before serving. The cake will keep for 2 to 3 days in a cake tin.
Top Tip for making Gluten free Easter Cake
You can use this mixture to make fairy cakes too. Just divide between cupcake cases and bake for 15 to 18 mins, then top with the icing
Shoppers say these high-waisted leggings are the softest they've ever owned — and they're now 45% off on Amazon
With over 50,000 reviews, these fan-favorite leggings tout a laundry list of bragging rights — here's why they belong in your closet
By Dominique McIntee •
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released for a younger audience
Michelle Obama’s 'Becoming' has been re-released with a new lovely message for her younger audience
By Laura Harman •
This Marks & Spencer ribbed loungewear set has shoppers obsessed with its soft and cosy fabric
This M&S cosy loungewear set is perfect for eating chocolate eggs in comfort...
By Selina Maycock •