If you love double decker chocolate bars, you're going to really love this recipe - serve up this dessert at your next dinner party and everyone will just love it.
HOW TO MAKE DOUBLE DECKER TART
For the base:
- 20g unsalted butter
- 35g soft toffees
- 40g marshmallows
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 60g Rice Krispies
- 100g crunchy peanut butter
For the nougat:
- 550g caster sugar
- 140g tube liquid glucose
- 3 large free-range egg whites
- 250g mixed nuts
For the glaze:
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 2tbsp golden syrup
- 25g unsalted butter, cut into small cubes
- edible gold leaf, to decorate (optional)
You will need:
- 23cm springform tin, greased with oil
- sugar thermometer
- Slowly melt the butter with the toffees in a saucepan, then add the marshmallows and cocoa powder, and mix well. Once melted and smooth, stir in the Rice Krispies. Put in the tin and spread out to create an even layer. Set aside to firm up for 15 minutes. Spread over the peanut butter once set.
- For the nougat, heat 525g of the sugar and liquid glucose with 175ml water in a saucepan over a low heat until dissolved, around 5-7 minutes. Meanwhile, place the egg whites in the bowl of an electric mixer, but don’t mix them just yet.
- Turn the heat up under the glucose mixture. Put in the sugar thermometer – once it reaches 100C, whisk the egg whites, slowly at first until they become foamy. Turn the speed up and mix until stiff peaks form. Mix in the remaining sugar in two additions into the egg whites. Once the glucose mix gets to 125C, begin pouring into the egg mixture, in a slow, steady stream, while continuing to mix on a medium-high speed. Mix for a further 5 minutes after the syrup is added, on a medium speed. Stir in the nuts and scrape into the tin over the base, spreading to the sides. Leave to set for 4 hours in a cool place.
- For the glaze, put the chocolate, syrup, butter and 60ml water in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water. Once it’s melted, remove from the heat and whisk until smooth, but don’t over mix! Allow to cool slightly and thicken, for around 5-10 minutes. Run a sharp knife around the edge and carefully remove the tart from the tin. Pour over the sauce to cover and leave to set for 2 hours before serving. Then add the gold leaf if you like - use a dry fine paintbrush to apply it – but don’t touch it with your hands or it will crumble.
Regé-Jean Page reenacted a steamy Bridgerton scene with SNL alum Leslie Jones
SNL alum Leslie Jones did not disappoint as she hosted the 2021 MTV Movie & TV Awards, including a reenactment of one of Bridgerton's most famous scenes
By Rylee Johnston •
Experts weigh in on the COVID-19 vaccine and its connection to infertility
Social media is responsible for spreading inaccuracies
By Danielle Valente •
Watch the emotional The Me You Can't See trailer with Prince Harry and Oprah
The duo's mental health series debuts this week on Apple TV+
By Danielle Valente •