- 300g grapefruit, washed
- 700g satsumas, washed
- 1.6kg granulated sugar
- juice 1 lemon
YOU WILL NEED
- a preserving pan, square of muslin, sterilised jars, and waxed discs and lids
- Cut the fruit in half, squeeze out the juice, and reserve the pips and any pith. Tie the pips and pith in a small piece of muslin. Place the strained juice, 2.25 litres (4pt) water and the muslin bag in a preserving pan. Shred the peel, coarsely or finely, depending on your taste, and add to the pan.
- Simmer the contents of the pan for 2 hours or until the peel is very soft and the liquid has reduced by about half. Remove the muslin bag to a saucer to cool, then squeeze the bag over the pan to extract any pectin from the pips.
- Stir in the sugar, add the lemon juice and simmer over a low heat until it has completely dissolved. Now increase the heat and cook at a full rolling boil for 15 minutes or until setting point is reached.
- Remove any scum from the surface and leave the marmalade to settle for 20 minutes before potting into hot, sterilised jars. Cover immediately with a waxed disc and seal. Label the jars when cold and store in a cool, dark place. It will last for 6 months.
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
The Queen sent US President to bed, as he was 'knocking back vodka martinis' says former Chancellor
The Queen sent former US President to bed, says George Osborne—who received royal order from her majesty as dinner went on past her bedtime
By Aoife Hanna •
Kate Middleton's new curly up-do is the easy glam hairstyle you need to replicate this Christmas season
Kate Middleton's new curly ponytail look is the festive hairstyle you need in your life this year
By Caitlin Elliott •
Joanna Lumley slams The Crown as 'laughable' and 'rubbish'
Joanna Lumley has shared her strong thoughts on the popular royal series
By Emma Dooney •