If you’re after a lamb recipe that tastes a little different from the norm, why not give this brilliant lamb cutlet and coconut rice pilaf recipe a go?
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT RICE PILAF WITH LAMB CUTLETS
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan, add the onion and cook for 3 or 4 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add the spices and cook for another 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Now add the rice to the pan, coat well in the mixture and cook for a few seconds or until slightly translucent.
- Add the stock and coconut milk to the pan, bring to the boil, cover and reduce to a gentle simmer. Leave to cook for a further 12 to 15 minutes or until tender. Keeping the lid on, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the grill to high, then cook the cutlets for a few minutes on each side. Cutlets are great cooked on the barbecue of course!
- To serve, stir the nuts, coconut and herbs into the rice, season to taste and add a squeeze of lime juice. Add extra limes to squeeze over the lamb and a green salad to serve.
- a little oil, for frying
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1tbsp coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 1tsp cumin seeds, lightly crushed
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 6 cardamom pods, bruised
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 300g (10oz) basmati rice, rinsed in cold water
- 300ml (½ pint) vegetable or chicken stock
- 130ml (4½ fl oz) coconut milk
- 18 small lamb cutlets
- 25g (1oz) toasted cashews, roughly chopped
- 25g (1oz) pistachios, roughly chopped
- 50g (2oz) fresh coconut pieces, finely sliced
- large handful each of mint and coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- good squeeze of lime juice, plus lime wedges, to serve
Kobe Bryant widow Vanessa publicly criticizes rapper Meek Mill for lacking 'respect' and 'tact' over song lyric
The widow of the late basketball legend has lashed out at the rapper for 'insensitive' lyric referencing her husband
By Selina Maycock •
Silent vibrator sales have rocketed during lockdown
Shh! The sales of quiet sex toys have skyrocketed during lockdown
By Laura Harman •
Cara Delevingne has ditched her signature blonde hair and is now a brunette
Cara Delevingne doesn't look like this anymore....
By Lucy Abbersteen •