For a dinner party dessert recipe that’s sure to impress, why not try this delicious chocolate Florentine torte this week? The recipe can even be adapted if you’ve got any guests coming who aren’t able to eat gluten too.
Using dark chocolate and chocolate Florentines to decorate this impressive torte, it’s a real showstopper when it comes to dessert recipes – and would look lovely as a centrepiece to any buffets or get togethers you’ve got coming up.
This recipe makes a creamy and chocolaty torte that’s large enough to serve 10 people, so it’s perfect if you’ve got a crowd to feed.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE FLORENTINE TORTE
- 200g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 300g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 150g caster sugar
- 100g ground almonds
- 75g gluten free plain flour, sifted
- chocolate Florentines, to decorate
- icing sugar, to dust
You will need:
- 23cm cake tin, greased, with the bases and sides lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 170C, 150C fan, gas 3. In a heavy-based saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over a low heat, mix to combine and set aside to cool.
- Using an electric mixer, whisk the eggs with the sugar until thick and creamy. Gently fold in the cooled chocolate mixture with a hand whisk. When almost combined, carefully fold in the ground almonds and flour.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cover with a clean tea towel, allow to cool. Decorate with a ribbon and halved and quartered chocolate Florentines, dusted with icing sugar.
Why the Jennifer Lopez/ Ben Affleck kiss is a 2000-era reboot we're happy to see
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck were spotted showing some steamy PDA, confirming their reunion
By Rylee Johnston •
Holly Willoughby's M&S dress is one of the most gorgeous summer frocks we've seen on the high street
Holly Willoughby in summery florals never fails to impress
By Caitlin Elliott •
Princess Anne, Camilla and Zara Tindall's hats at Royal Ascot complement one another perfectly–and are very on-trend!
The royals arrived at the first day of Royal Ascot horse races and the family looked perfectly on trend as they seemingly co-ordinated their looks
By Laura Harman •