- 85g strong bread flour, sifted
- pinch salt
- pinch caster sugar
- 85g unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 300ml double cream
- 1½tbsp icing-sugar
- ¼tsp vanilla extract
- 200g raspberries
- 100g dark chocolate, finely chopped
You will need:
- 2 baking sheets lined with baking parchment (draw an 18cm circle on each)
- piping bag fitted with a star nozzle
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. Sift the flour with the sugar and salt into a bowl, set aside.
- Gently heat the butter along with 185ml water in a heavy based saucepan until melted. Increase the heat, just as it reaches boiling point remove from the heat and mix in the flour in one go. Beat with a wooden spoon until a smooth paste is formed. Place the pan back over the heat and continue to beat for 2 minutes or until it form a ball and comes away from sides. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Gradually beat in the egg, mixing well after each addition (you can use an electric hand whisk). Remove the mixture to the piping bag and pipe roses all the way around the drawn circle, then a layer of smaller roses on top. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Remove from the oven, make 4 evenly spaced indentations with a skewer around the edges of the to let the air out then let it cool completely on a wire rack.
- Carefully and evenly slice the top half off the choux ring, set aside.
- Whip the cream with the icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks are just formed, fold in the raspberries, mix gently until it holds it’s shape. Spoon onto the base of the choux ring, and replace the top. Place the chopped chocolate in a bowl, pour over 40ml boiling water and leave to melt. It might need a few seconds in the microwave to help it along, mix until smooth then pour over the ring immediately.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Delicious gluten free desserts that everyone will love
By Luba Gadjourov • Published
These petite cakes are made even prettier with bottlegreen raspberry cordial icing and a sprinkle of dried rose petals
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Pomegranate and elderflower semifreddo
The subtle flavours in this frozen Pomegranate and elderflower semifreddo loaf are perfect for a summer dinner al fresco
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Eton mess tart
We’ve turned a traditional British pudding into a gorgeous white chocolate tart. Summer puddings don’t get any better than this Eton Mess tart.
By Rosie Conroy • Published
The unlikely dessert that made the Queen 'really angry' and led to a sassy message from Her Majesty
According to a royal chef, the Queen was 'really angry' after she was offered this rare dessert and responded in an unusual way
By Laura Harman • Published
Queen goes off-script to reveal ‘dinner party’ plans in unusually candid moment in Scotland
The Queen stopped to make casual conversation with the public during her visit to Scotland for Royal Week, a resurfaced video has shown
By Emma Dooney • Published
Best Christmas movies on Hulu 2022 to watch now
It's time to get in the holiday spirit with the best Christmas movies on Hulu including family classics, rom coms, and brand new movies too!
By Rylee Johnston • Published