If you’re looking for a burger recipe with a twist give this mince recipe a try and you’ll just love it. Using kidney beans to really make the mince go further and fill you up, these burgers have a lovely smoky flavour thanks to the paprika and mix of spices used to flavour the meat.
You’ll need a couple of hours to let the meatballs firm up, but trust us when we say it’s worth the wait for this flavoursome dish. Served up on a bun with guacamole and tortilla chips, it’s a great alternative for your usual burger recipe that will have the whole family talking.
HOW TO MAKE CHIPOTLE CHILLI BEEF BURGERS
- 400g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 500g beef steak mince
- tbsp tomato purée
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large free-range egg yolk
- 10 cornichons, very finely chopped
- large handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 1-2tsp dried crushed chipotle chilli, or chipotle paste
- tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- Mash up the kidney beans with a fork. Put the mince, kidney beans, tomato purée, garlic, egg yolk, cornichons, coriander, chilli and paprika in a large bowl and use your hands to mix well. Divide into 6 equal portions then shape into burgers. Cover and set aside in the fridge to firm up for at least 2 hours or overnight. You need them to firm up well or they may fall apart on the grill.
- Prepare your barbecue for direct heat. Brush the burgers lightly with the oil and cook for around 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Serve on a bun, if you like, with guacamole and tortilla chips.
Prince Harry officially misses the Queen’s 95th birthday after returning to the US
Prince Harry has missed the Queen's 95th birthday after flying back to California yesterday afternoon
By Emma Dooney •
Derek Chauvin found guilty for the murder of George Floyd
The jury has officially come to a unanimous decision for Derek Chauvin's trial over the murder of George Floyd
By Rylee Johnston •
No mask, no problem at the Oscars: Academy Award guests will not be required to wear face coverings on camera
Here are the rules
By Danielle Valente •