You can’t go wrong with a classic chilli con carne, it’s a great mince recipe to try whether you’re feeding a crowd or just want something you can freeze for future meals.
HOW TO MAKE CHILLI CON CARNE WITH AVOCADO SALSA
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 500g minced beef
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 420g tin kidney beans in chilli sauce
- 1tsp English Provender Co Very Lazy red chillies, or any chilli paste or half a large red chilli, finely chopped
- 2tbsp soured cream
- tortilla chips, to serve
For the salsa:
- 2 avocados, peeled, stoned and chopped
- juice 1 lemon
- ½ red onion, diced
- 4 ripe tomatoes, halved, deseeded and chopped
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- Gently heat the oil in a large saucepan then cook the onion until softened, not browned. Now add the beef and stir well until it has lost its red colour. Season well. Add the tomatoes, kidney beans and chilli. Just add a dash of chilli – you can always add more later. Bring to the boil and then turn down to a gentle simmer.
- Meanwhile, prepare the salsa ingredients. The avocado will keep as long as you toss it well in the lemon juice to prevent it discolouring. Let the beef cook for at least 40 minutes – it should be nice and thick with bags of flavour. Check the seasoning and add more chilli if you like.
- To serve, pile the chilli into bowls, and combine all the salsa ingredients into another bowl. Top the chilli con carne with the soured cream and serve with the tortilla chips to dip.
Kate Garraway shares heartwarming Derek Draper update as he makes an adorable comment about her new dress
Kate Garraway has shared an amazing update about her husband Derek Draper’s health after a long Covid battle
By Laura Harman •
John Travolta remembers ‘fairytale’ moment he danced with Princess Diana
The Grease star twirled the Princess of Wales round the dance floor
By Emma Shacklock •
This sell-out waterproof vibrator has a massive 90% off right now
Sit back and relax during solo play
By Emma Dooney •