- 4 chicken supremes or part-boned breasts
- 1tbsp olive oil
For the lentils:
- 1tbsp sunfower oil
- 2 banana shallots, peeled and fnely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and fnely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50ml dry white wine
- 200g Puy lentils
- 600ml chicken stock
- a good squeeze of lemon juice
- a large handful of mixed herbs, chopped (we used parsley, tarragon and chives)
For the carrots:
- 250ml chicken stock
- 1tsp caster sugar
- 450g baby carrots, scrubbed and trimmed
- 20g unsalted butter
- ½tbsp light olive oil
- 1tsp cumin seeds
- ¼tsp dried chilli flakes
- Heat the oven to 200C, gas 6. For the lentils, heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat, add the shallots and carrot, and cook for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, mixing well. Add the wine and allow it to bubble of. Add the lentils and stock, mix well and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 25-30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in the lemon juice, herbs and some salt and pepper before serving.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken on a foil-lined baking tray, drizzle over the olive oil and season. Roast for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- For the carrots, bring the stock, sugar, carrots and a pinch of salt to the boil in a saucepan then simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Melt the butter with the oil in the same pan over a medium heat, add the cumin seeds and chilli fakes, and cook for 30 seconds. Turn up the heat slightly, add the carrots, then cook until heated through. Serve with the chicken and lentils.
Meghan Markle is victorious in final copyright claim against U.K. publishers who circulated the Duchess' personal note to her father
'For these outlets, it’s a game. For me and so many others, it’s real life'
By Danielle Valente •
A popular Hershey's item has been recalled. Here's what you need to know
Hershey's is issuing a recall for the popular chocolate shell sauce after nuts were accidentally put in the bottles
By Rylee Johnston •
This dark spot serum has a "formula from the skincare Gods," according to shoppers
Topicals Faded Serum has become a beloved favorite by shoppers for quickly fading dark spots and scars
By Rylee Johnston •