Give your usual chicken recipe a make over with this fabulous chicken supreme idea with lemon-thyme butter and baked courgettes.
This courgette recipe adds so much flavour thanks to the veggies being roasted in the oven with olive oil and plenty of seasoning, while the chicken is slathered with flavoursome lemon thyme butter that’s really easy to whip up yourself at home. All it takes is some normal soft butter mixed up with lemon thyme leaves.
Whether you’re just looking for an easy week night dinner that’s really quick but doesn’t compromise on the flavour or you’re in need of something impressive for your next dinner party, give these chicken supremes a go and you’ll not be disappointed.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN SUPREMES WITH LEMON THYME BUTTER AND BAKED COURGETTES
- Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Mix the butter with half the thyme, and rest the chicken breasts on the other half in a roasting tin. Drizzle with a little olive oil; season well. Put the courgettes in another tin, with a little more olive oil and seasoning. Cook the chicken and the courgettes for 20 to 25 minutes, until the chicken is golden and cooked through, and the courgettes are caramelised.
- Meanwhile, steam the potatoes. When the chicken is cooked, slice the breasts and serve with a generous topping of the thyme butter, with the courgettes and the potatoes also topped with a little butter.
- 125g (4½oz) soft butter
- 1 small bunch lemon thyme, tough stalks removed
- 4 free-range chicken supremes (these are breasts with the wing tip left on – ask your butcher for them)
- 400g (14oz) baby courgettes, cut into thirds on the diagonal
- Jersey Royal potatoes (we love them from M&S), to serve
Prince Andrew will not be attending Queen's birthday parade for Trooping the Colour in June
It's been confirmed that Prince Andrew will be absent from festivities - and here's who will be in his place during the parade
By Lauren Hughes •
This naked retreat has been named as one of 2021's best travel experiences
Nudist holidays are on the up! And this Italian retreat is predicted to be a big hit in 2021...
By Lauren Hughes •
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare look inside her home
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare view with fans
By Selina Maycock •