Burger recipes are a great way to feed the family when you want something simple to cook up in the kitchen when it’s not quite barbecue weather outside. This delicious mince recipe uses garlic, oregano, ground cumin and a pinch of chilli powder to flavour the delicious meat. Top off your burgers with with a slice of Cheddar cheese is the perfect way to really ramp up the flavour on your burgers.
HOW TO MAKE CHEDDAR CHEESE BURGERS
- Mix all the burger ingredients except the Cheddar together, season well with black pepper and ½ teaspoon of salt and knead with your hands to combine everything. Divide into four balls, shape into a rough patty and make a large hole in the centre with your thumb. Press a chunk of Cheddar into each hole, then close up and reshape. Place the burgers on a sheet of greaseproof paper and chill uncovered for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, if possible. The burgers can also be frozen at this point.
- When you are ready to cook, heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Heat a griddle or frying pan, oil the burgers lightly and brown for a minute on both sides. Transfer them to the oven and cook for a further 10 to 12 minutes, depending on how you like your meat done.
- When the burgers are ready, serve with fried onions, and a simple avocado and tomato salad.
- 500g (1lb 2oz) best quality beef mince (avoid low-fat mince)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
- 2tsp oregano
- ½tsp table salt
- ¼tsp ground cumin
- 35g (1.25oz) fresh breadcrumbs
- large pinch chilli powder
- 50g (2oz) mature Cheddar cheese
Here are Hollywood's biggest stars presenting at this year's Oscars
The 2021 Oscar presenters have officially been announced and feature some of the hottest stars in Hollywood
By Rylee Johnston •
How you can get your hands on a pot of La Mer's Soft Moisturizing Cream - for free!
There are 1,500 free samples of La Mer's Soft Moisturizing Cream available
By Aleesha Badkar •
Queen of glam Bobbi Brown reveals her predictions for the best spring and summer looks
We're all ears
By Danielle Valente •