Taken from Cut the Carbs! by Tori Haschka (Quadrille)
Preheat the oven to 180˚C/350˚F/Gas 4.
Place the sweet potato in a roasting tray, drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt. Roast it in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until it’s gained a little colour around the edges.
After 20 minutes, add the chorizo, coconut shavings and most of the onion (leave one-eighth aside to sliver raw at the end). Roast for 20 minutes.
When the potato is cooked through and the onion has been stained slightly pink from the chorizo’s oil, remove the tray from the oven and mix in the black beans. The heat from the roasting tray and its contents will help warm the beans.
Cut the remaining onion pieces into slivers as thin you can manage. Add the onion slivers, coriander and chilli to the roasting tray.
Season with salt and pepper and drizzle Greek yoghurt over the top before serving.
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g chorizo, cut into thin coins and then in half (if vegetarian, omit this and sprinkle the sweet potato with 1 tsp ground cumin and 1 tsp smoked paprika)
- handful of dried coconut shavings
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 1 x 400-g tin of black beans, rinsed
- handful of fresh coriander (or mint if you hate coriander)
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Greek yoghurt, to drizzle (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Kate Middleton assigns Prince George and Princess Charlotte a budget to pay for their own things when shopping, store worker reveals
Kate Middleton gives Prince George and Princess a shopping budget and allows them to purchase their items themselves
By Emma Dooney •
Women’s most common sex-related worries revealed
A new survey has discovered the most common worries women and men have when it comes to sex
By Laura Harman •
Prince Charles ‘heads to Welsh country home' to grieve Prince Philip in private
The Prince of Wales will reportedly ‘reflect alone’ on losing his father
By Emma Shacklock •