By Jane Curran
If you’re looking for a warming dinner that could just as easily be a week night meal as it could an impressive dinner party recipe, why not try this simple but delicious beef stroganoff dish? It’s a main dish that is filling and packs a punch thanks to the paprika and Dijon mustard we’ve added. Shallots also help to give this dish a full bodied flavour along with button mushrooms – which are both a handy help towards your five a day too.
This dish takes just 30 minutes to make and can even be made ahead – so it’s perfect if you want a no fuss entertaining menu that won’t let you down. Serve it up with traditional spätzle or buttered noodles.
- Heat the oil in a sauté pan until hot, then brown the beef in batches. Set aside. Add the mushrooms and sauté until cooked. Set aside. Melt the butter and cook the shallots until softened.
- Now stir in the flour and paprika and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the stock, mustard and purée. Stir well – whisk if there are any small lumps. Taste the sauce for seasoning then return the beef and mushrooms to the pan. Stir in the crème fraîche and sprinkle with paprika. This is lovely served with traditional spätzle or buttered noodles.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 400g beef rump or fillet, sliced into 1cm-thick strips
- 300g small chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 15g butter
- 3 large shallots, chopped
- 1tbsp plain flour, seasoned
- 2tsp paprika, plus a little extra, to serve
- 300ml beef stock
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp tomato purée
- 4tbsp crème fraîche
Top Tip for making Beef Stroganoff
To freeze, freeze the completed dish then thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating thoroughly
Shop the secret sale featuring one of Meghan Markle and Jennifer Lopez's favorite designer bags
Meghan Markle and Jennifer Lopez have been seen sporting this well-known brand
By Rylee Johnston •
This TikTok ab dance is going viral—but you should know this before you try it
Read before attempting!
By Danielle Valente •
This bra brand caters to small-chested women—and shoppers are obsessed
For a supportive bra without the discomfort of wires, Pepper's wireless bras have quickly become a fan-favorite of shoppers
By Rylee Johnston •