- a little oil, for frying
- 12 boneless chicken thighs, seasoned
- 2 red onions, sliced
- 250g (9oz) cooking chorizo, sliced
- 2 red peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into small chunks
- 1tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2tbsp tomato purée
- 150ml (¼pt) dry sherry
- 300ml (½pt) chicken stock
- handful pitted black olives
Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, 350F, gas 4. Heat 1tbsp oil in a frying pan, and, in batches, fry the chicken thighs on both sides until golden.
Fry the onions until softened, add the chorizo and peppers, and fry for 3 minutes. Add the paprika, tomato purée, sherry and stock, bring to the boil then reduce to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes. Put into a large dish, spacing the chicken out in 1 layer. Bake for 1 hour, adding the olives 10 minutes before the end.