If you’re looking for a healthy dinner recipe that leaves you full and satisfied, give this Asian inspired prawn omlette a try and you’ll be really impressed with the punchy flavours. With spring onions, chilli and garlic, there are plenty of flavours to keep you interested, while egg and prawns are a great source of protein and essential vitamins and minerals.
The Asian flavours come from the addition of Thai fish sauce and soy sauce, which give this dish a really interesting taste and fragrance that you’ll just love.
HOW TO MAKE ASIAN PRAWN AND RICE OMLETTE
- Heat a frying pan to high, add the oil then after a few seconds add the prawns, cook for almost a minute on each side, until browned, turn down the heat to medium then add the garlic, chilli and spring onion to the pan, stir-fry for another minute, then remove from the heat and set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs with fish sauce, soy sauce and a tablespoon of water, set aside. Heat the rice according to pack instructions, set aside.
- Heat an omelette or pancake pan over a medium heat, add the butter, tilting the pan to spread and melt. Once it’s bubbling, add the egg mixture, tilting the pan to spread to the edges. After 2 minutes scatter over the prawn mixture and the rice. Heat for another 2 minutes or until cooked and heated through.
- ½tbsp sunflower oil
- 250g (9oz) king prawns
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 4 large-free range eggs
- 1tsp Thai fish sauce
- 1 ½tsp light soy sauce
- ½ a 250g pack microwavable basmati rice
- 15g (½oz) butter
Top Tip for making Asian Prawn and Rice Omelette
SMART IDEA Serve with an Asian salad of shredded spring onion, grated carrot, chopped cucumber and coriander leaves with a sesame and lime dressing
Sharon Osbourne will do her first interview since her dramatic exit from The Talk
Here's when and where to catch it
By Danielle Valente •
There's a new face mask that has 7x more vitamin C than an orange and we're buying it ASAP
Pressology's Moringa Mask comes packed with all-natural ingredients to boost your skin's appearance naturally
By Rylee Johnston •
Chrissy Teigen makes a Twitter comeback after a dramatic exit from the platform
'Turns out it feels TERRIBLE to silence yourself'
By Danielle Valente •