For a delicious dinner party recipe that is healthier than your usual, try this tasty Amelia Freer recipe this week.
HOW TO MAKE AMELIA FREER'S SWEET POTATO CAKES WITH GRILLED TIGER PRAWNS AND GINGER-SAFFRON YOGURT
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes, peeled (approximately 750g)
- 1 egg
- 25g coconut flour
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 1tsp sea salt
- sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper
- coconut oil, for frying
- 16 raw tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
For the ginger-saffron yogurt:
- pinch of saffron threads
- 125g coconut yogurt
- 1tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1tbsp freshly chopped coriander (optional)
- 1tsp freshly chopped mint (optional)
- Steam or boil your sweet potatoes for 10-12 minutes until soft. Drain and dry the potatoes in the pan for 1-2 minutes, then mash them until smooth. Mix in the egg, coconut flour, spring onions, salt and pepper. Form 12 lime-sized balls and press these into patties, about 1cm thick. If making ahead, chill the cakes in the fridge until you are ready to cook them.
- Add ½tbsp boiling water to the saffron threads and leave to cool. Remove from the water and mix them into the coconut yoghurt with the ginger, olive oil, salt and pepper. Squeeze in a little lemon juice. You can add coriander and mint as well, if you wish.
- Put 2tbsp coconut oil into a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the cakes for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- Quickly sauté the prawns in a non-stick pan in a little coconut oil for 2 minutes on each side, until pink and cooked through. Serve the patties with a dollop of ginger-saffron yogurt over the top and the prawns on the side.
Prince Andrew will not be attending Queen's birthday parade for Trooping the Colour in June
It's been confirmed that Prince Andrew will be absent from festivities - and here's who will be in his place during the parade
By Lauren Hughes •
This naked retreat has been named as one of 2021's best travel experiences
Nudist holidays are on the up! And this Italian retreat is predicted to be a big hit in 2021...
By Lauren Hughes •
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare look inside her home
Princess Anne told to ‘de-clutter’ her home after she shares rare view with fans
By Selina Maycock •