We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.
Who is the most amazing woman you know? Well don’t just sit there! Nominate her for one of our Amazing Women Awards community categories for 2020! Here’s how…
Hard to believe it but it’s already time for the Amazing Women Awards 2020. This is our chance to celebrate the utterly brilliant women aged 50 and above who make a difference to our lives.
This year we’re having a fabulous FIVE reader nominated awards from every region across the UK, where you get a chance to put the unsung heroines of your lives and communities in the spotlight. So wherever you live it’s time to start thinking about who you will nominate. See the box for how to do enter the Community Hero Awards for your region.
These awards celebrate the heroines in our community. Whether it’s your friend, your relation, your co-worker or your boss, these are the women that keep our worlds going around, from caring for others, to fighting for our countryside and our high streets, to going the extra mile for charity.
Last year we were blown away by the community hero winners, including a domestic violence campaigner, a nurse pioneering for end-of-life care; a psychotherapist and 50-plus model; a charity fundraiser; a menopause mentor; a town improvement guru; the founder of a bank.
Who can be nominated?
We’re looking for three nominees aged 50+ from each of the following regions:
– Scotland and Northern Ireland
– North East, North West and Yorkshire
– Wales and West Midlands
– East Midlands and East Anglia
– South West and South East
How to enter
The deadline for nominations is Thursday 30 April 2020. Simply fill out this form here.
1. You can submit a nomination by visiting womanandhome.com/awardnominations and completing the entry form.
2. Nominations can be submitted from 2 March 2020 and the closing date for entries is 29 April 2020.
3. There are five categories and there will be one winner(s) for each category. The winner for each category will take part in a photo shoot and appear in the November issue of woman&home. The Winner of each category will featured in the November of W&H.
4. Shortlisted Nominees will be notified by 18 May. Voting opens on 2 July and closes on 31 July 2020. Winners will be notified by 24 September.
5. Nominees must be over 50 years of age and UK residents (excluding Northern Ireland), excluding employees and past employees of TI Media, its printers and agents, any category sponsors, suppliers of the prizes and any other company associated with the Awards (including members of the immediate families or households of the above).
6. It is your responsibility to obtain permission from the person you are nominating before submitting them as a nominee.
7. If you are under 18 years old, you must have the permission of your parent or legal guardian to submit a nomination and you must provide the name and daytime telephone number of your parent or legal guardian on request.
8. The promoter of the woman&home Amazing Women Awards is TI Media, which has its registered offices located at 3rd Floor, 161 Marsh Wall, London E14 9AP and is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 00053626.