Packed with flavour and oozing with chocolate don't save strudel just for Christmas
- 3 pears, peeled, cored & sliced
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 50g (2oz) light muscovado sugar
- 50g (2oz) amaretti biscuits, crushed
- 50g (2oz) dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 5 sheets filo Pastry
- 50g (2oz) unsalted butter melted
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
If you struggle rolling the strudel up try lying a clean tea towel on the work surface. Make your strudel on the tea towel then use it to help you roll it up with out worrying about tearing it with your fingers.
2. Working quickly so the filo doesn't dry out lay a sheet of pastry on a clean work surface and brush with the butter. Repeat with the remaining 5 sheets of pastry laying each one on top of the other.
3. Spoon the pear mix down the centre of the pastry leaving a 5cm (2in) border around the edge. Tuck the 2 shorter ends over the filling, then gently roll up. Transfer to a baking tray placing the join underneath.
4. Brush with the remaining butter and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden. Serve dusted with icing sugar and cocoa powder.