Spicy Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Rice
Go for a bit of spice, with this delicious jerk chicken recipe
- 6 chicken breasts, on the bone
- 3tsp jerk spice mix (we like Bart Spices)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- juice 2 limes, plus lime wedges, to serve
- 250g (9oz) cooked cold Basmati rice
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 200g (7oz) fresh pineapple, chopped
- 200g (7oz) frozen peas, cooked
- zest and juice 2 limes
- 3tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
To make the chicken, cut 1cm (Ĺin) slashes into it, mix the spice and oil, rub into the chicken, cover and marinate for 4 hours. Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6, and cook for 40 minutes.
To make the rice salad, simply mix everything together and season. Serve with the cooked chicken and lime wedges.