Jerk chicken seasoning is aromatic and spicy, ans works fantastically with pineapple's sweetness
- 2 free-range chicken breasts, skin left on
- 2 garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Jerk seasoning (use only 1 if you don't like things too spicy)
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 300g (10oz) fresh pineapple, finely diced
- 1/2 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 3tbsp tomatos finely roughly chopped
- 2 large sweet potatoes cut into wedges
- 2tbsp olive oil
Heat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Make salsa first. Combine all the ingredients and season generously. Leave to marinate while you prepare the chicken.
Toss the chicken breasts with the garlic cloves, olive oil and seasoning. Coat the sweet potatoes in the olive oil, season and put in the oven for 30 minutes, until soft and beginning to caramelise. After 10 minutes, add the chicken breasts in a separate roasting tin.
When the chicken is cooked, serve immediately with the sweet potatoes wedges, salsa and a green salad, if you like. You can marinate the chicken and make the salsa up to 24 hours ahead.