This sweetcorn and couscous salad is perfect for a packed lunch, so any leftovers wonít go to waste
- 4 free-range chicken supremes (chicken breasts with the wing bone left in Ė ask the butcher)
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp Cajun seasoning (we like Bart, from supermarkets)
- 1 garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 150g (5oz) giant couscous (we used Merchant Gourmet)
- 6tbsp olive oil
- 340g can sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- juice 2 limes, plus extra wedges, to serve
- large handful coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
Slash the chicken breasts 3 times across the top, place in a non-metallic bowl with 3tbsp of the oil, seasoning and garlic, and mix. Marinate for at least 15 minutes, or overnight if you can.
Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6, transfer the chicken breasts to a roasting tin, minus the excess marinade, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes, until the juices run clear and the chicken skin is golden and crispy.
Meanwhile, cook the couscous according to the pack instructions. When cooked, combine with the rest of the ingredients immediately, or allow to cool drizzled in a little oil, then combine with the other ingredients while at room temperature. It will keep in the fridge for 3 days. Serve the chicken with the couscous and extra lime wedges.