If you’re looking a dinner party recipe that’s out of this world and really different from the norm, why not give this sweet potato rösti a try? The creaminess of the goats’ cheese mixed with the sweetness of the potatoes and the roasted red peppers makes for a really satisfying combination, while crunchy kale adds another layer of texture to this dish.
This delicious dish serves four and doesn’t take too long to whip up, so would make a great dinner party starter option or could even be served up as a tasty lunch idea. You can prepare it ahead too so it’s really easy to be organised.
HOW TO MAKE SWEET POTATO ROSTI WITH GOATS' CHEESE
For the rösti:
- 750g sweet potatoes
- 3tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 200g soft goats' cheese (for grilling), sliced
- roasted red peppers, rocket and crispy kale
- Peel the sweet potatoes, then coarsely grate. Set aside. Heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan and gently cook the garlic and onion until soft. Mix into the sweet potatoes with the eggs, remaining oil and plenty of seasoning. Shape into patties and put on oiled baking trays. Drizzle the tops with a little oil.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Bake the rösti for 30 minutes then reduce the oven to 160C fan, gas 4 and bake for a further 20 minutes. Remove, then heat the grill. Divide the goats' cheese between the rösti and grill until just melted. Serve with the peppers, rocket and kale.
Jane Curran is a freelance food editor, stylist, writer and consultant based in Cape Town. Former food director of TI Media & woman&home. All about food, wine (dipWSET), gardening and the Arsenal.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Married at First Sight Australia Season 9—who's in it, when does it start, and how to watch from anywhere in the world
Married at First Sight Australia Season 9 is almost upon us
By Emma Dooney • Published
Shirley Ballas exclusive interview with woman&home magazine, 'My beauty routine isn’t full of expensive lotions and potions'
Shirley Ballas, Strictly Come Dancing's head judge, opens up about her second job, her secrets to looking good and staying in shape
By Gemma Calvert • Published
Working from home tips: simple ways to make sure you're still productive
These simple working from home tips are easy to implement and should make your daily tasks a lot easier to achieve
By Amy Hunt • Published