When you’re trying to be healthy it’s hard to find things that are simple but still taste great, but this healthy dinner recipe is just that. Salmon is a great source of omega-3 fatty acids that are great for heart health and when paired with carrot and courgette, it makes for a really healthy dish that is just full of vitamins and minerals.
What’s more, this dish is ready in just 30 minutes, so it’s a great week night salmon recipe to fill you up.
HOW TO MAKE FLAKED SALMON WITH SPICY POMEGRANATE NOODLES
The Extra Virgin Kitchen by Susan Jane White (£21; Gill & Macmillan)
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 400F, gas 6.
- Prepare the salmon by wrapping the fillets in a parcel of tinfoil and drizzle with the oil. Make sure there's lots of space above the fillets - it's more like a tent than a parcel. They steam in their own juices this way.
- Transfer the tent of salmon onto a baking tray and roast for 10-15 minutes, depending on how big the fillets are. Check by pulling the flesh apart. If they're not done, just reseal your tent and pop them in the oven again.
- While the salmon is cooking, spiralise the carrot and courgette. In a separate bowl, beat together the remaining ingredients to make your spicy dressing. Toss through your spiralised noodles and divide between 2 bowls. When the salmon is done to your liking, flake the flesh over each bowl of noodles, then sprinkle over the pomegranate seeds.
- 2 fillets organic salmon or wild trout
- drizzle of extra virgin raw coconut oil
- 1 large carrot
- 1 medium courgette
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp cold-pressed toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- handful of pomegranate seeds, to garnish
Top Tip for making Flaked Salmon with Spicy Pomegranate Noodles
When you've become familiar with this method of cooking, crank it up another level by adding smashed lemongrass, maple syrup, chilli, cumin, kaffir lime leaves or whatever tickles your appetite on any given evening.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Prince Andrew left senior royal ‘white with rage’ after being accused of reducing his family to ‘the ranks of second-rate comedians’
Prince Andrew’s behavior lead to fears about him ‘destroying’ the monarchy’s reputation
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's podcast taken into Spotify's 'own hands' as the royal couple fail to produce anything in over a year
Spotify has 'finally taken matters into their own hands,' when it comes to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's underperforming podcast
By Laura Harman • Published
Prince Charles fears Prince Harry’s memoir will cause ‘reputational damage’ to Camilla
Prince Charles has reportedly reached out to Prince Harry ahead of the book's release
By Emma Dooney • Published