By Woman and Home published
This cauliflower salad is served with a creamy tahini dressing that makes this salad so moreish and satisfying. Roasting cauliflower gives it such great flavour and texture, it’s nothing like the bland cauliflower you might have been fed as a child! Our winter cauliflower salad is a hearty and substantial dish that is well balanced, rich in protein, and suitable for vegans. The tahini dressing that comes with this salad is so simple but adds a rich and nutty flavour with a little sweetness from the maple syrup. Once you’ve tried making this versatile dressing you’ll make it again and again. It's packed with fresh herbs, which add a real flavour punch but keep it light. The sweet and nutty tahini dressing adds a richness to this vegan salad and makes it so moreish. If you're not vegan, for extra creaminess, you could crumble some feta cheese through this cauliflower salad.
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER SALAD WITH TAHINI DRESSING
- 1 large cauliflower
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 180g mixed wild and brown rice
- 400g can green lentils, drained
- handful of parsley, chopped
- handful of mint, chopped
- 125g pomegranate seeds
For the dressing:
- 2tbsp tahini
- juice of half a lemon
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1tbsp maple syrup
- Heat the oven to 200C. Break the cauliflower into florets and combine with the oil and the spices in a large bowl. Put the florets on a baking tray and roast for 30-40 mins, until tender and slightly browned. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions, usually around 10-12 mins.
- To make the tahini dressing, combine the dressing ingredients and whisk with a fork. Thin with a little water until the dressing reaches a pourable consistency. Combine the rice and cauliflower with the lentils and herbs, then pour over the dressing and scatter over the pomegranate seeds.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
The real reason why Samantha is not in the new Sex and the City reboot
Why is Samantha not in the new Sex and the City reboot? Here's the real reason Kim Cattrall didn't do 'And Just Like That'
By Laura Harman • Published
The Queen believed Kate Middleton ‘needed a job’ before marrying Prince William
The Queen was concerned over Kate's lack of work experience before joining the Royal Family, according to an insider
By Emma Dooney • Published
The famous Amazon joggers that look good on everyone are now on sale
These popular Amazon pants are now on sale for $21
By Anna Rahmanan • Published