By Jane Curran
This watermelon salad with Turkish feta is fresh and fruity with an added creaminess from the cheese. Our minty marinade adds fabulous flavour to the Turkish feta, a cheese similar to classic Greek feta but with an even creamier texture. This watermelon salad is so easy to make but gives such impressive results. It’s perfect for summer barbecues or to add a bit of brightness to a winter buffet. If you can’t find Turkish feta, regular Greek feta will complement this watermelon salad just as well, it will just be a little less creamy.
HOW TO MAKE WATERMELON SALAD WITH TURKISH FETA
- Mix the onions with the vinegar and sugar. Stir well and set aside. Mix the olive oil with the garlic and dried mint. Carefully spread out the feta in a shallow dish, pour over the oil mixture and cover with clingfilm. Leave for at least 4 hrs or overnight.
- Heat the oven to 180C. Toss the pumpkin seeds with sea salt, black pepper and a little oil, and bake for 15 mins or until just starting to brown. Drain on kitchen paper.
- When you’re ready to serve, drain the onions and spread over a large, shallow dish. Top with feta, interspersing the slices with watermelon. Spoon over the olive oil marinade then sprinkle over the pumpkin seeds and olives, and add a few sprigs of fresh mint.
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 4tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3tbsp caster sugar
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tbsp dried mint
- 450g feta cheese, cut into triangles
- 4tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 watermelon, cut into triangles
- 100g pitted black olives
- sprigs of fresh mint, to serve
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks •
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks •
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Anne Hathaway loves this hair texturizing spray from iconic brand that has 25% discount on EVERYTHING
Anne Hathaway's go-to hair texturizer became her favorite after she borrowed it from a set and it's 25% off with this discount code
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Dan Walker sends supportive message to Motsi Mabuse after heartbreaking announcement
Dan Walker has reached out to Strictly Come Dancing judge Motsi Mabuse as she makes a sad announcement about this weekends show
By Laura Harman •
Jennifer Aniston's youthful glow is down to this serum with a HUGE discount in Black Friday sale
Jennifer Aniston's favorite serum, based on a popular skin-plumping ingredient, helps her glow and comes with a huge 25% discount
By Fiona Embleton •