The Extra Virgin Kitchen by Susan Jane White (£21; Gill & Macmillan)
- 1 large onio, diced
- 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 800g tinned tomatoes
- 400g tinned mixed beans
- 175g sweet brown rice, to serve
- 5 dried apricots, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced into rounds
- 2 tbsp raisins
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
- handful of fresh parsley, to garnish
- dollop of natural coconut yoghurt, to serve
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Add olive oil to a saucepan on low heat until translucent. Add the tomatoes to the onion and bring to a low simmer. Add the beans, apricots, bananas, raisins, curry powder and lemon juice and cook for 15 minutes.
Divide between 5 plates and drizzle reverently with extra virgin olive oil and torn parsley. Crown with a dollop of live coconut yoghurt and a pinch of freshly ground black pepper. Serve with short grain or sweet brown rice.
Top Tip for making Tomato and Banana Bean Curry
The key to this recipe is to stir through the crushed garlic as soon as the curry is ready not before.