for the base
- 150g (5oz) Hobnobs, finely crushed
- 75g (3oz) butter, melted
for the filling
- 600g (1lb 5oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 heaped tbsp cornflour
- 150g (5oz) caster sugar
- 2 large free-range eggs and 1 egg yolk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150ml (¼pt) crème fraîche
- 200g (7oz) blueberries
- icing sugar, to decorate
for the blueberry compote
- 400g (14oz) blueberries
- 50g (2oz) caster sugar
- 1 strip lemon zest, removed with a peeler, and juice 1 lemon
you will need
- 20cm (8in) springform tin, base lined with baking parchment and the tin buttered
Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, 350F, gas 4. For the base, place the biscuits and butter in a bowl, stir well and press into the base of the tin.
For the filling, place the cream cheese in a large bowl with the cornflour, caster sugar, whole eggs and egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Beat well with an electric whisk until thick and creamy. Beat in the crème fraîche, pour the filling over the biscuit base, then poke the blueberries into it. Place on a baking sheet in the centre of the oven and cook for 15 minutes, then lower the heat to 170C, 150C fan, 325F, gas 3 and cook for a further 30 to 40 minutes or until the outside is firm to the touch but the centre still has a good wobble.
Remove from the oven and run a round-bladed knife around the inside of the tin to loosen the cheesecake. Leave to cool completely in the tin, sitting on a wire rack so the air can circulate, then cover and chill overnight.
For the blueberry compote, place all the ingredients in a saucepan and cook over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved and the blueberries just burst with juices. Chill. To serve the cheesecake, remove from the tin, dust with icing sugar and serve with the compote on the side. The cheesecake will keep for 3 days, covered in the fridge.
Top Tip for making The Creamiest Cheesecake Ever
1) To help prevent a baked cheesecake cracking, make sure that all the ingredients are at room temperature. 2) Always run a round-bladed knife around the outside of the cheesecake as soon as it comes out of the oven. This helps to prevent the top from cracking. Make sure the cheesecake is thoroughly chilled before slicing.
Emily Ratajkowski uses this $21 snail serum to fight wrinkles
Prepare to be shocked by Emily Ratajkowski's skincare routine, which includes snail mucin to calm and hydrate her skin.
By Fiona Embleton •
The Queen's new neighbors splashed out $30million on nine-bedroom manor house
The Queen welcomes a Russian family with teenagers as her new next-door neighbors
By Emma Dooney •
New research reveals the perfect bedroom temperature for a blissfully deep and restorative sleep
Thermometers at the ready...
By Lydia Swinscoe •