- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 lemon grass stalk, bashed and finely chopped
- thumb-sized piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1tbsp sugar
- 500g (1lb 2oz) outdoor-reared British pork mince
- juice 2 limes, plus extra wedges to serve
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 2tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4tbsp soy sauce
- handful coriander, bunch spring onions and toasted peanuts, roughly chopped, plus cooked jasmine rice, to serve
Heat the oil, add the lemon grass, ginger, garlic and chilli, and fry for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the sugar and mince, brown for 2 minutes, then add the lime juice, fish sauce, vinegar and soy with 100ml (4fl oz) cold water. Bring to a simmer; cook for around 5 minutes, until the mince is cooked through.
Stir in the coriander and spring onions, scatter over the peanuts, and serve with jasmine rice and lime wedges.