This simple pasta dish is a great way to make the most of leeks when they’re in season in the autumn.
A new way to make pasta sauce, this super speedy yet deliciously tasty dish is ready in less than half an hour and uses plenty of vegetables and pulses to make sure you’re getting your five-a-day.
Using double cream gives you that lovely thick and creamy sauce that everyone loves and Parmesan just ramps up that flavour even more.
This one is so quick that it makes a really great weeknight meal if you’re looking for something that takes hardly any effort to whip up.
HOW TO MAKE TAGLIATELLE WITH CREAMY LEEKS AND CANNELLINI BEANS
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and add the leeks and some seasoning.
- Cook for 2 minutes without colouring, until the leeks have softened, then turn up the heat and add the stock and lemon juice. Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions.
- Allow the stock to bubble vigorously for 5 minutes, then add the beans, sage and cream. Return to a gentle simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the Parmesan, taste and season.
- Drain the pasta, reserving 1 tablespoon of water to stir into the sauce. Toss the sauce through the pasta and serve with extra Parmesan on top
- Get ahead: This sauce can be made up to 3 days before, then just reheated in the microwave to toss through the pasta.
- 35g (1¼oz) butter
- 2 leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 150ml (¼pt) vegetable stock
- juice 2 lemons
- 400g (14oz) tagliatelle
- 2 x 400g tins cannellini beans
- 2tsp finely chopped sage leaves
- 200ml (7fl oz) double cream
- 2tbsp grated
- Parmesan, plus extra to serve
Prince William and Kate Middleton will celebrate two special occasions tomorrow after recent family sadness
The couple are preparing for a special day for their family
By Emma Shacklock •
Meghan Markle spoke with the Queen before Prince Philip's funeral, after physician advised her not to travel with Harry to UK
Meghan Markle reached out to the Queen before Prince Philip's funeral last Saturday
By Emma Dooney •
Ghost would have been a disaster if Patrick Swayze hadn't made this huge decision
Whoopi Goldberg has revealed that it was Patrick Swayze who made this important decision about the film Ghost
By Laura Harman •