By Jane Curran
If you love the idea of making sushi for your next dinner party, but don’t want the faff of having to make a lot of individual sushi pieces, why not try this sushi terrine? It tastes just as good but is much less time consuming to make.
HOW TO MAKE SUSHI TO SHARE
- 250g sushi rice
- 6tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2tbsp caster sugar
- ½tsp salt
- 185g smoked salmon
- 2 avocados, thinly sliced
- 1 lime
- 1tbsp each black and white sesame seeds
- pickled ginger, soy sauce and wasabi, to serve
You will need:
- 1kg loaf tin, double-lined with cling film
- Put the rice in a deep saucepan and cover with 500ml cold water, bring to the boil and reduce to a slow simmer. Cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside; after 10 minutes, the rice should be cooked. Spoon into a a large bowl.
- Mix the rice wine vinegar, sugar and salt together until dissolved. Pour over the rice and gently mix, then transfer to a tray lined with cling film and spread out. Allow to cool. Spoon half the rice on to the base of the loaf tin, even it out and push it into the corners - hands are easiest for this! Top with half the salmon, the avocado slices, a squeeze of lime, then the remaining salmon and rice. Cover with cling film and weigh down evenly with tin cans. Chill for at least 6 hours (or make it the day before).
- Turn out on to a plate. Mix together the seeds and push into the surface; they will stick happily. Slice into 1cm pieces to serve (a serrated knife is best), alongside pickled ginger, soy sauce and wasabi.
Top Tip for making Sushi To Share
Enjoy with an iced whisky mac: put ice in a tumbler, pour over 50ml scotch whisky and 25ml Stone's Original Green Ginger Wine; stir. Top with soda water and add a slice of orange.
The Queen won't watch Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview
The show will air tonight in the US and tomorrow in the UK
By Sarah Finley •
Louise Redknapp says she was snubbed by her celebrity pals after divorcing Jamie
Louise Redknapp has thanked Jimmy Carr for his friendship after her other famous pals snubbed her
By Robyn Morris •
Kate Middleton rewears £5 Accessorize earrings for latest video appearance
Kate Middleton has reworn a bargain pair of earrings she first debuted last year
By Robyn Morris •