Deliciously sweet berries combine with rich brioche in this indulgent summer pudding. We've never known anyone to regret making this one...
- 400g brioche loaf, crusts removed and sliced into 6mm (1/4in) slices
- 150g (5oz) seedless raspberry jam
- 250g (9oz) blackberries, raspberries or blueberries
- 3 free-range eggs
- 300ml (½pt) single cream
- 150ml (¼pt) milk
- 50g (2oz) icing sugar
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
you will also need
- 2 litre (3½pt) baking dish, lightly buttered
- Spread the brioche slices with the jam, and cut into triangles. Put them in the baking dish and scatter over a few berries.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk, icing sugar and vanilla paste, and pour the mix over the brioche. Press the bread down into the custard with a fork and leave for 2 hours
- Heat the over to 180C, 160C fan, 250F, gas 4. Scatter over the remaining berries and sprinkle with caster sugar. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until just set, but still wobbly.
The significant reason Kate Middleton might not attend Princess Diana’s statue unveiling alongside Prince William according to a royal expert
Kate Middleton may not make an appearance after all
By Emma Shacklock •
Superdrug's Bloom perfume smells surprisingly similar to Jo Malone's hero scent (and will save you £49)
Superdrug's Bloom range takes inspiration from Jo Malone's classic scents—but with much lower prices
By Amy Hunt •
Meryl Streep admits The Devil Wears Prada role left her feeling "so depressed"
Meryl Streep has revealed the real reason she was "so depressed" when filming The Devil Wears Prada
By Emma Dooney •